Friday, March 9, 2012

eyes Ears & TEETH!!

Finn with Dale
Finn with VCM
 Hard to believe Finn will be a month old next Tuesday!  He has developed so quickly from the helpless fuzzy loaf to jolly little pudge waddling around the pen.  In just three short weeks, Finn's eyes have opened, his hearing has kicked in and he is *almost* fully mobile.  There are still many instances of the drunken sailor but his coordination develops fast.  Like all my puppies have, Finn has a fondness for Vermont Chew Man (VCM) stuffed fleece toys.  We call it the "Foo man!"  He also has a stuffed sheep that he pins regularly! (An omen for the future?  Nah :)  He is eating solid food now along with nursing, but Katrina limits his bouts a bit more...and I get it...his little teeth have also erupted.  Sharp!  We are working on getting Finn to use his litter pan and it's going...oookaaay?...not perfect, yet.  I decided to lay some newspaper around the box so he associates the odor and feel with elimination, and that has helped.  Peat's breeder, Loretta, has given me great advice and I am trying to live up it. I don't know how she did it with full litter!  I can hardly stay on top of ONE! :)
Pinning the Foo man
       Finn is now accepting guests (:)) and met with his Auntie Lisa for the first time yesterday.  Today we have some more "Finn fans" coming by, with the goal of exposing Finn to at least one new experience or person every day.  This morning we met Hazel, our mousing cat.  She had mild interest and then decided that Finn was "one of Those" and hissed.  (Katrina and Hazel have a running feud...but I'm still not sure which of them is really in charge...though I have my suspicions.


No comments:

Post a Comment