Friday, February 24, 2012

Finn nose color
Finn is 10 days old today.  It's a cliche but time really does fly when you're having fun.  And it's not that I want Finn to stay this little forever,but it's just such a thrill to watch him develop.  A couple of days ago I noticed that if I scratch him just above his shoulder he has a little scratch reflex.  So very cute!  And I'm also watching his nose color change.  As he ages, his nose should start filling in as black.  Here you can see that he's got two perfect little black dots by his nostrils and it's so cool how his color pattern from his upper lip continues onto his bottom lip.  Shows you how those color patterns get laid down during embyronic development.  He is now 38.6 ounces, so he is averaging a gain of a little over 2 oz each day.  He is also getting up on all fours, only to quiver for a for a few seconds and then collapse!  His neck muscles are developing and I notice that he can hold his head up much higher and for much longer than he could a couple of days ago.  I also saw him lick his blanket today!  All that much closer to giving kisses ! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment